Friday, September 1, 2017

Crochet Necklace with Lace Accents




Well, we blinked and there you go. It's the first of September. No August has passed so fast as this one. This August managed to slip through my fingers, unnoticeably. Maybe because we were on the road constantly, being away every weekend creates this funny feeling. How was it for you?

Many of the things we planned are half way done, but that's why we have September which is kind of an official start of the year - at least for us the teachers - so happy beginning we wish you all.

Today, before I sign off for the weekend, I want to show you my latest necklace. It all started with a small piece of white lace which I successfully ruined with a pink tempera and couldn't be saved by washing it multiple times. And since I am emotionally attached to this particular vintage lace piece, I try to preserve it  for as long as I can and use it projects that will be treasured for years to come. So I decided to sew it on one of my sample tubes. I added some fabric buttons which I turned into flowers using crochet flowers too, a tassel and different lace as accents to it.



As I have many plain tees, I am sure I'll wear this a lot.

Happy weekend!

 

16 comments:

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Sooo lovely! I'm sure you'll enjoy this necklace!

Alhana said...

It's very sweet! I admire your creativity to come up with all these lovely ideas for necklaces and cuffs. ♥
Happy beginning of the school year!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such a pretty necklace. Yes, I do agree. August just went swoosh and it was over. Happy September! Best wishes for the new school year.

Anonymous said...

Love the buttonflowers and the colour :)
The special piece of lace will bring good luck this schoolyear!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Marjan. I surely will.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you on the sweet comment Alhana. You should see my crazy drawings... sometimes I cannot realize everything I have imagined.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Tammy. I have high hopes for it :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Sigrid. I cannot tell you how much attractive fabric buttons are to me. It's almost ridiculous :)

Divya N said...

It is a very pretty necklace. Just today I was thinking how I am away every weekend and thus unable to blog regularly. I was also wondering about how you post so regularly even when you travel.You must let me in on your time management secrets sometime

Maya Kuzman said...

Haha.. thank you Divya. Blogging regularly is quite strenous for me because I do everything myself. Sometimes Eva lends a hand, or hubs but most of the time it's just me. I plan ahead for the whole month and I create 2-3 posts together whenever I have free time or during the weekend which are after that posted at the planned time/day. Hope this helps. How do you organize /schedule your posts?

Unknown said...

What a pretty necklace! You have a real gift for seeing all the possibilities that can be created from crochet. So inspired!

A Crafty Mix said...

It's lovely Maya, but then again all your creations are. I'm happy you could incorporate that special piece of lace into something that can be worn and treasured for years to come. Wishing you a very happy Spetember

Christina(ArtDecorationCrafting) said...

So cute and romantic and vintage and modern all in one!!! Love it my friend!!! August ended like it was only for a day ! Wish you a wonderful week :)

www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dear Christina! Your comments sums me up :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Jelica!

ileana-carmen said...

So cute.