Monday, December 28, 2015

Ceramic Beads

 
 
 
 
At the end of November Eva and I visited a ceramics workshop where we worked with clay and made jewelry and beads. The process is a bit lengthy when it comes to drying because first it is left to air dry and then the clay is baked in a kiln.
 
After a week and a half we returned for the painting and glazing process to give the final looks to our pieces.
 
 
We worked with molds and mostly with doilies because we got seduced by the amazing, ornamented appearance the clay got. 
 

The thing with the acrylic, glass paints is that they look pastel while you apply them on the clay, but when baked they change the color and in some cases drastically so you don't really have an idea what the final product will look like.

This picture is before baking.

 
 
After baking: Eva made this jewelry holder (plate) and the pendants below. Oh, and a bib piece she is making a necklace with shown in the picture above this (the big blue one).
 

 

 
These are mine. I made  beads and pendants for necklaces and rings and I hope I will be able to show how I used them soon!
 
 

8 comments:

Divya N said...

I love how the blue ones have turned out and I am particularly partial to the big blue one made by your daughter. I am sure that it will be a head turner

Maya Kuzman said...

Me too Divya! They are my favourites along with Eva's bib!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Maya,
The ceramics workshop sounds like fun! I love everything you made.
Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Julie

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie!

Alhana said...

How beautiful! I never thought you could do these with doilies as molds. I'm sure the necklaces you're making with them will turn out very pretty.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Alhana. We used the doilies to stamp the clay.

Unknown said...

Wow...this is such a cool thing! I love how they turned out!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J! Happy 2016!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Jessica!