Monday, October 8, 2012

The Thumbelina Necklace


I love miniatures of all kinds especially man -made. Tiny houses, furniture or figurines instantly seduce me. The artist's patience and craftsmanship employed to create them always mesmerizes me. 

Once in a while I like to make some myself. Out of yarn.Hence the miniature necklace.I had this idea of a mini necklace haunting me for months and I am glad I eventually made it. It is smaller than a thumb and decorated with some lovely flowers and leaves. 



I had a crazy idea of calling it the Thumbelina  necklace (Andersen being one of my favourite writers since childhood), and now that I have actually written it down, I think the name suits it perfectly. 


I wish you a pleasant start of the week!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks quite big on your photo but on your girl's neck it shows the real size. Wow, to be able to get so many different colours and shapes on one tiny crochet piece is a miracle to me!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Highland Monkey's said...

I'm another lover of minatures! Your necklace is fab with all those little flowers on it. Great job.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

We love miniatures too! and HC Andersen's works, Thumbelina is one of our favourite works. Beautiful piece, the name is just perfect.

RobyGiup said...

It's incredibly cute, with those tiny flowers and leaves.
And the name is perfect! ;)

Unknown said...

It's adorable Maya!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love your stuff! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Bobi Jensen said...

That is so pretty!

Would love to have you join my weekend linky party!

http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-5.html

Bobi

Ingrida said...

Very nice !!!