Monday, June 11, 2012

Turquoise for the summer - Crocheted necklaces



The first color that associates the summer whenever I think of it - is blue. It reminds me of warm skies and beautiful seas.

I've crocheted two necklaces using the same combination of blue hues. I used a special granny 'circle' crochet to make the centerpieces.

With the second necklace I used a quite specific crochet pattern so both sides of it are immensely appealing. It makes this necklace versatile, so it can be worn with the front or the back side.


Do you see the difference?


I am having a refashioning project tomorrow, so drop by to see it.

Update: featured here



Thanx Sara!

10 comments:

Divya said...

Love the first necklace with beads...looks kinda magical

RobyGiup said...

I love these colors! Both necklaces are really nice but between them I prefer the first one: I like the mix of crocheted cotton and beads. Are they wooden beads or what?

Unknown said...

Gorgeous creations Maya, both of them! As the other girls I would go for the first one, too, the flowery look and those beads are fabulous!
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Maya Kuzman said...

I am glad you like them ladies. Thank you!
@Roby: yes, the beads are wooden. I am crazy about colorful wooden beads. As a teenager I used to buy plain ones so that I could decorate them. Somehow that love stuck until today {although I haven't decorated one in years}.

Unknown said...

Shades of blue suit any time of the year as would both these necklaces! They are gorgeous!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Beautiful work, I love the wooden beads as well. The piece looks especially pretty with your daughter's sun dress. I will definitely be by tomorrow :)

Masustak eguzkitan said...

Lovely creations as always ;-) It´s interesant your association between blue and summer, the true is that it´s a very logical combination. I´m waiting your refashion!

Unknown said...

Maya, you are such an artist! I would LOVE if you would link up to my new link party for the fiber arts!
http://www.mymerrymessylife.com/2012/06/new-link-party-hookin-on-hump-day-1.html

Papgena Made It said...

both are gorgeous but I'm with the majority, the first one is my favourite!
I also like the color combination, blue is my favourite color (all year around! :D)

Sara @ My Merry Messy Life said...

Hi Maya! I'm excited to tell you I've chosen this post as one of the featured projects from Hookin On Hump Day! Thanks so much for linking up! (just a friendly reminder to please remember to link this post back to me. Thanks!)
http://www.mymerrymessylife.com