Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gift wrapping - fabric covered paper


This little tute came to mind after my last post regarding gift wrapping. Last spring I played with paper and fabric (helping Jacob with a craft project) and got the idea of sewing a fabric piece over a sheet of paper to make wrapping for my crochet flowers. I tried it and it looked great, and I didn't miss to take pictures.
Here's what is needed:

You need a fabric piece (scrap), a piece of paper and a sewing machine.
For the wrapping I used an A4 copy paper and a lovely and quite thin cotton piece. I sewed the fabric onto the paper ( seam allowance included).


Inside I placed the crocheted flowers...


and wrapped them nicely. I fastened the wrapping with a silk ribbon in the end.


If you have any ideas about fabric covered paper, please share them with me!

11 comments:

Papgena Made It said...

That is so cool!
I never would thought it for myself!!
Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

lovely idea Maya!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

What a nice touch, it would also be perfect to wrap flowers from the garden or for a dramatic play flower shop for children, very creative use Maya.

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea Maya, you used some fine fabric for wrapping up your flowers. Supercool! Have a great weekend, hugs, Ira

magdamagda said...

I used fusible interface- the kind that's like thin paper!:D it's also cheap and easy to use!

Maya Kuzman said...

That's a fab idea Magda, and easy to make!

Divya said...

Hey while using a fusible you can just overlock(serge) the sides with same or accent color thread for a cool look...no stitching required
you could also use a sticker paper(used for printing labels)to stick to the fabric and peel off the backing..just use some fray check or modpodge at the sides for frays

Whit said...

That is such a pretty idea. Thank you so much for linking up to last weeks show and share. Make sure to come back and link up this week with your latest project.

A mommy's life...with a touch of yellow
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Cucicucicoo said...

get out! i never would've thought of such an idea! i will keep this in mind because i intend to make some of the fabric flowers i've seen around so much one of these days when i get a little time! (i don't know how to crochet, so i can't copy your crocheted ones!) :) lisa

Mindie Hilton said...

Pretty, thanks for sharing at Bacon Time. Happy Thanksgiving.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Another SUPER idea. Thanks so much. Love the visuals you put with the ideas. ~ Abby