Friday, September 30, 2011

Estonian lace


"Estonian lace" is the book I quite often leaf though these days.It is one precious jewel of a book with staggering patterns.

I tried a zig-zag pattern for wrist warmers and quite like the effect on them although I didn't use it sideways as the pattern suggested. Sometimes I wonder if there is anything I can follow through as it is and not drop something of my own - but I guess I am cut out like that. Anyhow. Here is a sneak peek of the warmers. I am making some for the shop too.

I really like the color combination although, upon seeing it, Eva "knowingly" told me that it is the most awful combination I could ever make. I suggested she borrow my eyes and has another go at them. And in continuation I had to explain about tastes and people being different, liking, wanting, wishing, feeling, perceiving things differently. Sometimes we forget that part. Tastes are not to be discussed. I hope she learns this soon.

Have a nice weekend wherever you are!

8 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Talking to kids is sometimes just waiting for the appropriate opening. As they get older, those times come less often. But your choices are not my choices either, but I can still appreciate YOUR choices and now, hopefully, so can Eva.

The cover of that book is stunning!

Maya Kuzman said...

Nicely said Carol :)
Thank you!

Unknown said...

I like how you tackled that "taste" issue with your daughter. It's hard to teach children tact. I find myself being tactless often in front of my little one. I'm personally going to have to start thinking about what I say, and start setting a good example for him. This is a good reminder Maya, thanks.

The gauntlets are beautiful, btw!

Unknown said...

Crochet patterns just don't hold secrets for you, do they Maya? You make everything look so utterly special, love your wrist warmers, another beauty! Have a great weekend, Ira

Erin Kate said...

SO beautiful! I love those colors.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Maya! THIS IS SO GREAT! I could use some of these wrist warmers!!!!

Thank you so much for visiting! Anita

dora ramalho said...

Lovely...

magdamagda said...

another surprising yet perfect design! hats off!